#1 oil producer
Oil producer in the world
Proven Oil Reserve
17,655 boe / day
Average productivity of a pre-salt well
The Brazilian Oil & Gas Sector
Brazil’s Oil&Gas industry is mature and innovative, offering amazing investment opportunities for companies of all sizes and expertise. Ranked as the 10th among the world’s largest oil producers, the largest oil producer in Latin America, it is also in the 7th place as consumer market for oil products and services in the world. The country has an outstanding market potential for experienced investors, international operators and service contractors, including companies of the supply chain from upstream to downstream. In 2021, the National Petroleum Agency will conduct an intensive calendar of bidding rounds and open acreage for E&P blocks and fields, offshore and onshore, besides the deregulation and privatization of the gas market, opening new opportunities for investors. Additionally, Petrobras divestment plan, launched in 2019, includes selling of eight refineries, onshore and conventional offshore productive operations, creating many opportunities for experienced companies and newcomers to Brazil.
- #1 oil producer in Latin America.
- 10th position among world’s largest producers, with a total of 3.1 million barrels / day (2.8% of the world total).
- 15th largest proven oil reserve in the world, with a volume of 13.4 billion barrels.
- 7th largest consumer of O&G products and services in the world: 3.1 million barrels / day (3.1% of the world total);
- The average productivity of a pre-salt well is 17,655 (boe/day), which is 10 times higher than the productivity of a conventional offshore well;
- 5 million barrels / day is the potential growth of the Brazilian Oil&Gas production by 2030.
- Pre-salt offshore production represents 69.6% of Brazilian production
- Conventional offshore production represents 27.2% of Brazilian production
- Onshore production represents 3.2% of Brazilian production