Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (APEX-Brasil)
Apex-Brasil is the Brazilian government’s trade and investment promotion agency. Regarding the investment activity, we support international investors as they analyze the opportunities to establish a plant in Brazil, start a partnership with a Brazilian company, or commit capital in Brazil through funds and companies. Our goal is to satisfy investors needs and generate results as we attract technology, innovation, new companies and generate jobs in Brazil.
The Agency has already served 1300+ investors to announce 118 projects worth $ 23 billion in Brazil.
The agency’s service portfolio ranges from preparing market data intelligence to connecting investor to high-level authorities offering solutions mainly (although not exclusively) for the following industries:
- Renewable Energy
- Health & Life Sciences
- Oil & Gas
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
We are part of the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through which we count with 120+ offices in the world, and we work in close collaboration with other Ministries, regulatory Agencies, class entities, and so on.
How we can help
Apex-Brazil is ready to assist in all steps of the investor’s decision-making process by:
- Offering personalized Consulting
- Sharing general information on tax, legal and regulatory matters
- Providing tailored market and industry information
- Providing deal flow of funds and companies
- Fostering partnerships between Brazilian and foreign companies
- Softlanding tech companies
- Supporting projects in site location
- Networking to public and private institutions at federal and state levels
Brasil Investment Forum
PARTICIPANTS IN 2021
The Brasil Investment Forum (BIF) is the largest investment attraction event in Latin America. Organized by Apex-Brasil, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the Brazilian Federal Government, it has been held since 2017.
Every year, for two days, attendants get the most updated information about Brazil’s business environment and investment opportunities in strategic sectors, such as infrastructure, energy, agribusiness, innovation, and technology. The Brasil Investment Forum is designed especially for investors looking for real business opportunities or crucial connections to facilitate new and ongoing investments in the country.
In 2021 the event was held 100% online, gathering 3,500 participants – investors, C-Level entrepreneurs, senior decision makers, and high-level government representatives from Brazil and over 100 countries, as well as representatives from the academia, press, and
opinion-formers. It is worth mentioning that the event had simultaneous translation in Portuguese, English, and Mandarin.
BIF provides a unique opportunity to schedule meetings between participants and Brazilian authorities, including State Ministers, representatives from regulatory agencies, and other government institutions. The online edition also allowed participants to learn more about Brazil’s partner institutions and the event’s sponsor companies by visiting the virtual booths.
Be part of this major event next year! Get valuable first-hand insights on the Brazilian investment scenario! The event will feature focused thematic sessions, in which experts from a wide range of investment-related fields will share practical tools, strategies, and important information.
BIF 2022 is on its way! More information soon!
BIF 2021 – Figures
- 3,500 participants
- 102 countries
- 428 online meetings scheduled between participants
- 4,429 private messages exchanged between participants
- 38 sectors represented. Main ones: Government, Financial Services, Infrastructure, Renewable Energies, Agriculture, Defense
- 8 main panels and 4 parallel sessions – 70 speakers, 4 keynote speakers, 12 moderators
- 3 sessions presenting local investment opportunities – presentations by 24 Brazilian States and a presentation on Investment Partnerships Program (PPI) projects
- Participation of 8 Brazilian State Ministers